<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 17, 2003

Don't Drink and Drink & The Audience/Performer Theory

I have spent the day laying on my ass in bed with the worst hang-over of my life. Okay, so I have only been hung over twice. Because I am not a big drinker. I normally stick to wine or I'll have like 2 drinks. Last night I had six.

I think I don't drink much because I am rather controlling. Last night I went to Don Pedro's and I am sitting drinking and my friend's (who own the place) kept brining me drinks and I kept drinking.

I remember explaining the performer/audience theory, here it goes:

When I listen to somebody on stage, somebody captivating, I give just as much of myself as I do when I am on stage. Every word, every pause, I get pulled in and taken along by their energy. When I am on stage I exist off of the energy that is given to me. It is such an intimate act. You exist for each other.

How does this apply? I think it applyes to all performers including strippers. So if you are the type that likes to go to strippers. You have no right to get pissy if your partner decides to strip. They are equal activities.

I am going to go eat some Cuban/Chinese food. Reason to love New York 1001, everything can be delivered to you.



Postscript One of my friends has misread my page. I do not want to be a mom anytime soon. I have things I need to do. I look forward to it, but it has gotta wait at least four years.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?