<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 24, 2003

Pelo Malo?

"It doesn't how much money you have, you always have to go to your neighborhood to get your hair done."

I have the type of hair that you can only comb when it is wet. If you tried to run your fingers through it they would get stuck. It wasn't until I moved back to New York and found out about the Dominican salon around the way that I could finally get a hair cut. I know lots of latinas who would constantly be blowing their hair ouf if they had hair like mine.

I do not like blowing my hair out. I think my older brothers locks are beautiful. I love my crazy curly hair even though you can't run your fingers through it.

But now...it is winter...in New York. My hair takes a billion hours to dry on its own. If I tried to blow it out curly I would end up with a big Q-tip head. So I blow dry it straight. And I get compliments, which I hate. And I look in the mirror and I get pissed cause I think it does look 'neater' than when it is curly. I still don't like it though. It is not me.

SO if you see me and my hair is straight....tell me it looks better curlier, you'll make my day

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?