<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 13, 2003

Thank God there is not a point in your life where you have to decide what you want to do.
At least I don't really see a definative point where someone has to say, I want to be a .....
I'm in law school and I still don't know what I want to be.

As upet as I get sometime, and as frustrated as I get sometimes I realize there are some reasons why I feel this freedom.

1. I have no kids. Right now that is a great position to be in. I have never been sexually active without at least being on the pill. There is an inherent freedom to only having to be beholden to myself. I am a big endorser of the pill. Why, cause I don't want kids yet.

2. I have simple needs. I don't need designer clothes or furniture. I have a terrible habit of eating out too much because I love food.

SO as I sit and wonder what I want to do with my life and where I want to live
The cool thing is I can go anywhere and do anything.

I spent friday night listening to poets. See I ran around to see Martin Espada and then I heard Rich, Oscar and Fish read.

My gears began turning. When it comes to Martin I was just completely floored. When I tried to talk to him I am sure that I sounded like a moron. All I could say was Thank you, you are the reason I felt like I could be a poet at law school...

So I go to see my friends perform and they were great. Watching people grow as writers and performers is such a beautiful thing. The crew has become like family. I feel like my growth as writer has been stunted.

I've gotten caught up on other things. Which, while rather annoying, is okay as well.

It is time for me to start editing my own poems. Everything else is secondary.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?