<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 24, 2003

AND THE LAST NAME IS

If you don't know--Nina is not my real name. It is the name that my baby sister gave me when she couldn't say my real name. It is what my college friends call me and it is what I perform under.

I've always felt that I have to picl a last name for it for multiple reasons. Mostly so that it is easier to differentiate me from other Nina's. I knew I wasn't gonna use my given name. That is not the place where my writing comes from.

I thought about using my mother's maiden name but, everyone is a Garcia.
I thought about my mother's mother's maiden name but I don't like how Nina Silva sounded.

I have finally decided on my other grandmother's maiden name. She was a big inspiration for me, introduced me to the Lower East Side and there is another cool thing. Parrillar means to grill. I kinda like that.

So the pen name is Nina Parrilla. Taadaa

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?