<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Family

We reshape our definition of family daily and maybe that is a good thing. Family is so much more than biology, it has become an ill suited definition. Or maybe it never really worked, I have no clue really.

I only know that half-brother is a stupid phrase when the person has your whole heart. And I know that I have friends who don't even mention their biological families but when they get sick there are people there to take care of them. I have friends who are gay whose families have cut them out and I have friends who have cut there families out for one reason or another.

BUT, we all have families. I have more siblings than a Saudi Princess. They happen to be an insane crew of punk rockers from Orange County, New York and Poets from all over New York City, lawyers, future lawyers, and people who are definatly gonna need lawyers. People who have wounds they are picking at, and people who are trying to let their wounds heal. We raise one another's kids and we hold each other's heads when it is time to throw up. In its agony, it is beautiful.

So it is something we are constantly reshaping. What aren't we constantly reshaping? Love. That is all I know we should do.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?