<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 24, 2003

My Weekend

(Before you read further put on Mamas and the Papas Monday Monday....okay commence)

In one word--llena. Don't speak Spanish, that means full.
Friday night I get out of work and fly up town. Get home, put on Nas "one mic", put it on repeat, shower, dress, paint toe nails, grab food, grab poems and leave
to get stuck on the train for an hour. I chatted with this pregnant lady who was really nice. I felt bad cause the train was getting hot. We were held up by an "incident" at the 14th street stop. Of course I was getting off at Times Square but thems are the breaks.
Eventually I got to Tixe. It was a great night. I read 7 of my pieces and got to hear Juan and Jessica read and that was cool. Tyrone and Rebecca rocked in there mediums and I loved it. What was really cool to me was watching a tall black guy in a Fubu sweatshirt rock out to this Little pixie looking white girl. Music is wonderful.
We hung out at Ray's after. Was one of those times when you just couldn't go home.

Saturday I spent the day...Jesus I don't know what I spent the day doing, packing, playing my guitar, making a half vain attempt to study, napping. Got a phone call from a cousin I had never met cause he was here from PR and his hotel situation is kinda strained. So, I meet him and we are dressed the same (black fitted t-shirt, dark jeans, brown boots) which I find funny. Some of his friends were under age so I took them to Tixe cause it was the only thing I could think of. However, they couldn't understand what was going on so we had to leave. I was kinda sad cause there was folks I wanted to hear.
My cousin and I split from that crew and went downtown to stay in my Titi's apartment. My titi was upstate. So we went to Baraza which is always a good time and I highly recommend it. There are $5 mojitos and capirenha's AND one of the best bartenders in New York, More (that is her name). They play Samba and Salsa and Merengue and I love it AND there is no cover. Just don't be crowding the place so bad I can't get in.

Sunday was more packing and then Rich V (cause I think I still have more than one friend rich...i think) came and helped me bring some of it downtown and we had dinner at El Malecon and great conversation. What did we talk about? You'ld like to know wouldn't you...

Now it is Monday and I FEEL GREAT. But, I have a ton to do and I should get my shifts in gear so. Muah. Go listen to the Mamas and the Papas, really, it's good for you, I swear ....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?