<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Scratching

Okay, first of all let it be known that Nina considers scratching an art form.
I remember being young and hearing it and loving it as a kid and scratching up records on the Fisher Price record player.
And I just loved Jam Master Jay and the sounds he made.

Then John made me watch Scratch and just put it on the list of reasons why I love him
Cause the sounds that a turntablelist (aka DJs) can make are utterly amazing
Then we went to see Mixmaster Mike and that was so freaking cool my head could have exploded.
So I get a bunch of DJ Qbert and Mixmaster Mike's stuff and I just listen.
Yes there are days when I am sitting in the law school and you would think I am listening to classical music but no
I am listening to people scratching

And it is beautiful.

So, the universe sends me a present. On January 28th DJ Q-bert is gonna be at SOBs. Wanna come?
Maybe I will actually make myself watch Wave Twisters just to build the excitement.
For some reason that video is on the list of things i want to see but haven't actually made myself sat down for yet

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?