<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 22, 2004

If you weren't at the Nuyos last night

Okay, if you weren't there last night, you are crazy. Because it was like all the poetry gods, minor dieties, and angels were in one room. It was hot! And I was soooooo proud of my boys. You know who you are, and if you are questioning then I should smack you. And I was so awed by my girls, you may not know who you are, we don't hang out, but you still awe me. And then, it happened again....

I promised myself that the next time I met Martin Espada I would not turn into a babbling idiot. Last time at Cornelia Street I could only stammer out like three "thank yous" as I told him that he is the reason why I am at law school. He made me believe that I can be a writer and a lawyer.

Well, I didn't fare much better this time. Okay, I actually got out a few sentences. I asked him if he had "Rebellion" with him and he had already sold out. So, he sold me Alabanza at Rebellion's price and again signed it with something inspirational. Something totally new. If I get an autograph each semester, law school will be a breeze. Not really, but I will get by.

Not regreting the "two poetry readings a week" vow. Next week I think it will be Acentos and the Nuyo open room. Schedule is still nuts and tiring, I've promised myself that this weekend I will start working out. Cross your fingers.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?