<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 10, 2004

Note that this is really three different post. I just hadn't written in a while and I have a bit to say.

If it is cold outside, and only white people are around-do they feel it?

So, I have noticed that when I am walking around outside and it is ass cold, there is always one or two fools that feel the need to wear a T-shirt or a flimsy jacket or shorts or some crazy ass shit like that AND they are always white. At first I thought it was in my head but then I mentioned it to someone else (who didn't happen to be white) and he noticed it to. You never see a Rican or an Indian or a Black man, walking around acting like it is Spring when you can see your breath in front of your face. Sometimes I think it is cause brown people are from inherently warmer places so we feel the cold more, but there are brown people from places that aren't perpetually summer and I see them in sweaters and coats.

Please, answer me this (and I guess you have to be white to answer)--Do you get cold? I mean really cold. Cause I really am thinking that some white people just pretend to be cold to empathize with their coloured friends when they really have no clue what we are bitching about.

Topic Switch
I noticed last year that I have very few friends that are Anglo. It was not done intentionally. I do have white friends but they are all Jewish or Italian (with the exception of one). And somehow, and maybe it is cause my best friend is Italian. In my head, Italians aren't exactly white. They are kinda off-white. Like white, with extra flavor. And my Jewish friends, I don't even really think of them in racial terms (not that I often think in racial terms at all). A lot of them are defined by their Jewishness (not saying they don't have other qualities trust me they do) and they are so far from Anglo if them and Anglo were put on a chart the paper better be damn big.

That was just a random brain fart, neither here nor there but felt like putting it on the page.

In other news

My computer got a virus. A very sucky evil virus. Basically it exploits a flaw in internet explorer that windows XP is overly dependent upon and makes it so that you can't see anything on your computer. However, I found a way to see enough that I backed up my documents before I had to reinstall
XP. After reinstalling I didn't lose my files BUT, like myself, my computer suffers from mulitple personality disorder.

You see, nothing ever really gets deleted from your computer. The Dell guy told me it would when I reinstalled and I knew it wouldn't. I just had to hunt around for it . So when you look at my desktop it is like a whole new computer. But within that computer is a file with my computer's former name (done intentionally--they different naming not the file) and within that file are all my documents, music, pictures and programs. None of the programs work. Which isn't totally a big lose. I planned on gutting the computer anyway. However, I can't figure out how to get the old stuff to just appear with the new stuff. (example, if i click on "my pictures" it is empty, if i click on C drive and a bunch of other folders I get to an administrator's documents folder and in that folder is an "administrator's picture folder and all my old pics are in there.) Suggestions?

As for the virus writers--for all my annoyance I have to applaud them. To find such a weak link takes some patience. And I know they do this cause they hate Bill Gates, and it makes sense. Microsoft makes a lot of really stupid software with dumb flaws (like not being backward readable). If I didn't have to use it, I wouldn't. BUT, everyone else uses it, so I have to so they can read my files.

I think this laptop will be the last PC I ever buy and my desktop will be an Apple. It'll be a bit of a pain (reformating files back and forth and such). But really, the past year has been such a pain in the ass when it comes to maintaining this PC that I am sure the incovenience will be equal.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?