<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 30, 2004

Wine and Cookies

I've never been too hot about going out on friday nights. Like I try to get myself psyched up for it but really, by the end of the week I am just too exhausted to care. I put on the music and and the make-up and think gosh my apartment is cozy and funky, like a neat bar where I don't have to pay for the drinks or put up with bad pick up lines.

So I end up sitting there in whatever state of undress I am in, make-up on and the sitting turns to stretched out on the couch and I can't say that I wasn't completely relieved when my friend called to cancel on me.

I opened the Shiraz that I brought today (Rosemount Estate 2002, Australia) and took out the cute box of Pepperidge farm cookies my girlfriends brought over last week and truly. I am in paradise. The wine is excellent, the thermal shirt is warm and the sweatpants are cozy.

Sad thing is, I am like this when I am single too. Lots of my friends thought that when I got a boyfriend last year I didn't hang out much cause I was with him. I am the type that when my boyfriend wants to go out and I don't, I kiss him goodnight and send him out the door. Some guys hate it, some guys love it. Occasionally I would like someone to stay in with, but then I say something. Games are for boards, not relationships.

I am even too lazy to watch this movie I have that I am crazy excited about. I would have to pay too much attention. Maybe that is why I like poetry. You don't have to pay attention for too long.

Salud to you. I hope tonight you are doing whatever works for you.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?