<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 08, 2004

And the Universe Shifts

I woke up this story feelings strange. Like everything in the universe had shitfted a little to the left and I am standing in the same spot. Or maybe it is the other way around....who knows.

Amongst a billion other things I have realized that I am not Nina Parrilla. I have been wearing the name for a few months and it just doesn't fit. Really only one person calls me Parrilla and it sounds wierd everytime he says it. I understand that it distinguishes me from all the other Ninas out there and I am not about to completely relinquish it. I am kinda gonna let it stick around till I decide what I want to do with it.

Lots of things happened this week. So much that it is rather overwhelming. I have been trying to have a phone conversation with a friend since Wednesday and it just hasn't happened. I still haven't processed everything that occurred.

Sunday morning, I should be studying, and I am rather in a daze.

LATER-- Reading blogs and stumble across Jessica's and she is writing about how her name sucks and funny enough it starts with Oscar having goggled her name which is how the whole Nina Parrilla thing started. With Oscar googling my name AND Oscar is the only person who calls me Ms. Parrilla. And I mean, how many times do you mention someone's last name?

I am wondering if Oscar has always wanted to change his name but doesn't have the courage to? Maybe he is projecting?

As to you Jessica. Even if there are thousands of Jessica Torreses you are THE Jessica Torres. Blow the name up!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?