<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 27, 2004

Blogging from Work

If you don't know, I am a law student Monday through Wednesday, a law clerk Thursday through Friday and I normally spend one day of the weekend studying. Somewhere in there I write and go to poetry thangs. This has made me very tired. I have a feeling that several of my friends are very tired with me.

Feeling tired and sick yesterday I took myself out to dinner after work with a bunch of magazines. The woman going out to dinner by herself post will be written another day.

One of my favorite things in the whole wide world are magazines. Maybe it is because I don't have much time and magazines are a great way to get a lot of info but who knows. My interest vary I read the Economist, Foreign Policy, the New Yorker, Marie Claire, Self, that is enough there are more. I highly recommend Reason.

Foreign Policy is one of my favorites. This month there is an extremely anti Latino article in it by Samuel Huntington (on how Hispanic immigrants are endangering America). I thought he was a political science genius till I read it (I had read several of his other books prior). I was going to prepare a rebuttal, but the article is such drivel. This one gets tossed in the book of John (the blog link to the left). He has this way of reminding me that the old white racist people will be dead soon. And Sammy is getting old.

FYI Foreign Policy is still one of my favorites. There is also a great human rights article in this edition. I like them because they are neither conservative or liberal, they present work by a variety of different people AND they do book reviews for books written in non-English languages -huntington be damned ;-).


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?