<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Chill with the definitions people

For the record, I am not starting a writer's circle, I am not starting a poetry movement or a women's support group or a reading series or Anything. The idea is patently absurd. (Why it is absurd I will explain later.)

What is happening is this. I noticed that there were two women in my life who have been in my life for almost a year but whom I don't know as well as I would like. I also noticed that we are all Boricua which is why I used the term "Acentas" when inviting one of them over. Being the lawyer that I am I should have realized tha the phrase "Acentos" is trademarked basically and that anytime I use it or a near variation people will think I mean something affiliated with Acentos.

If by affiliated with Acentos, that means three boricuas sitting in my apartment eating mofongo, then fine. But, it means nothing else. And if someone else wants it to mean something else, that will be their job. I am not filling out any leadership applications.

The idea of ME starting anything is absurd. I go to law school, I have a job on top of that. And I will be leaving New York for six weeks this summer and dropping off the radar for 8 to study for finals. And I don't know where I want to live after I graduate. I am not starting shit. I am having some girlfriends over.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?