<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Men, Women, Gender & Hormones

I've been thinking about gender a lot lately. Mostly about how each gender processes things just a little bit different. Then I realize I am flawing my own rationale because really I am thinking about heterosexual females and heterosexual males leaving out a whole bevy of fun people I love and adore from my transgendered friends to my gay friends to my really I just wanna fuck everything friends

But gender goes beyond sex, by sex I mean actual intercourse. Gender, to me, is a whole series of things. As much as anyone knows anything, I know this.

1) Sometimes a man needs to be treated like a man. I was talking to a girlfriend of mine who is often very single. She was telling me about how she is sick of men who can't dance so she oftens takes the lead on the dance floors. My brain immediately jumped to Oscar's Mercy on the Battlefield. And I guess leading is okay if it is an agreed upon thing*, but I think sometimes you just gotta let the guy twirl you even if you both lose footing. It just makes them feel better.

2) Women need compliments. Men have this habit of just forgetting that the pretty or hot or brilliant women they started dating is the woman in front of them. Maybe that is why women often get pissy when you remark (or spend a long time gazing) about a woman who you know or have just passed on the street. When is the last time you remarked on the woman you are with? Like seriously looked at her and just realized, yes she is hot and let yourself go nuts like it was a totally new body. Try it sometime.

3) Sex. There is so much more to this post but i have to get ready to start my crazy day. I think it will probably get written in bits and pieces. Really this is a lot of obvious stuff, that I think we just forgot to think about.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?