<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 05, 2004

On Models

I really am a space cadet lately. I run and run and then come up to take gulps of air and in those spaces. I have landed in reality TV land.

Yes, ladies and gentlmen the TV is back. Apparently, I got channels all along. I just needed to screw with the reception and one day in a fit of boredom I did. And since my reality is well...okay my reality has been pretty interesting lately frankly....things have been happening. But it is mine so I turn on the TV when I am tired and land in American Idol land to learn that some people truly are completely delusional. But then God gave me

America's Top Model

Here is the kicker. I feel comfortable talking about this cause I have actually done it before. And not for school. I did a stupid modeling thing once during my year off and that was enough. More on that later.

So I am watching America's Top Model and I must admit, I have watched it a few times. Yes, a few. Because...I guess it makes me feel better about my life, it makes me feel superior. The situation these girls put themselves in forces them to be catty and evil to one another. Mostly behind each other's backs though. What I don't get is...

How can models take being a glorified coat hanger so seriously? I mean they just get so intense about it. That was wear I failed. I did one runway show at a club in Boston and realized a) I sucked at it and b) I really didn't like having all that focus on me...not even really me, my legs.

I really just want to run up to run up to models and hand them a sandwhich and tell them that being curvy is really a lot more fun then depriving yourself of dessert or having dessert and throwing it up (throwing up sucks) or snorting lines of coke (which admittedly I have never done....but I have never found putting shit up my nose amusing) in order to stay thin.

I really am just waiting for this one girl to get kicked off the show. The girl who cries every freaking episode. You know who I am talking about. Next Tuesday is Acentos and I may actually have to figure out how to program my VCR. I am so lame.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?