<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Books

I don't read many novels. I read lots of poetry and short stories and autobiographies, but not novels. They suck me in too much like a drug. Once I find one I like I just sit and read until it finishes and everything that has to get done doesn't get ignored, it gets completely forgotten.

The last time I bought a novel was in August...Neil Gaiman's Stardust. It was incredible, it affected me on so many levels. Made me realize that all the books I truly like have to do with magic or other worlds. My favorite fiction authors are Poppy Z. Brite, Neil Gaims, J.K. Rowling, and if I feel like letting my brain drift, Anne Rice. I have to be in a very particular mood for Anne though.

The novels that I do have, have been read numerous times. It is like visiting old friends. I know what happens, so I can walk away from the book but I can never remember precisely how it all happens, so they still pull me in.

Books are magic. Plain and simple, the ability to create worlds and images, to tamper with emotions...it's amazing. And I am blessed to know so many magicians.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?