<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Thoughtful side/cheery side

Thoughtful Side

Yesterday in my class we were discussing how the phrase "carry a firearm" should be interpreted in regards to a drug trafficking statute. For like twenty minutes my classmates went back and forth getting super philosphical and even going so for to discuss what a drug trafficker thinks when he is trying to decide whethe ror not to pack his weapon. I exploded, which hasn't happened in school for a while. Pointed out that I have a cousin in prison for being a drug dealer (with this particular classroom I doubt many of them have ever even SEEN a drug dealer) and that drug dealers don't really consider the extra 30% or 5 years that could be tacked onto their sentences for carrying a gun. Told them that carrying a gun is part of drug trafficking, plain and simple, and that the only thing this discussion has taught me is how many of our statutes are inanely stupid and out of touch.

Cheery Side

Last night I dreamed about the day my sister was born. In very complete detail. It was probably the most wonderful dream I have had in a while.

When I was a child I used to have an imaginary friend. People would ask me who I was playing with and I would say, "My sister Dianna". The doctors told my mother that she couldn't have more children but eleven years after my birth God gave me my sister Dianna. And Dianna couldn't say the name Cristina so she dubbed me Nina. I think it is beautiful that I named her and she named me. I am sure that as a child she really was who I was playing with.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?