<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Random Thoughts

1. I am having trouble figuring out my set for tonight. Got lots of new stuff, lots of deeply personal stuff, I've decided to put it all out there. Just don't know in what order.

2. When you know you are going broke, the first thing you should do is go grocery shopping. Got not much money, but I do have lots of food.

3. Studying for finals really really sucks. One test 90% of my grade, it does not measure what I learn, just how fast I can regurgitate it. No one at a firm would come up to me and require that I cover ever employment law topic in 3 hours.

4. Stayed last night for more the one round of the slam at 13, got really pissed, just reminded me why slam doesn't rub me right. I think the thing that was really annoying was that I watched this one judge love a poem, she laughed, she emotional responded, she rode every word and then gave it a low score. I don't know where the fuck that came from. I really think maybe she was judging on what she thought poetry "should be" so that, even since she was enjoying the poem since it didn't fit what her brain told her a poem should be she didn't give it a high score. Either that or she is nuts.

5. In my sexual harrassment seminar yesterday we were talking about the dynamic of young female associates at law firms and how in most firms it is not really healthy and supportive (the class had no men in it). One of my classmates pointed out, well really that is what it is like here. Someone else said, I think that is what it is like everywhere. I said, Not at a Women's College. Wellesley I miss you.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?