<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 30, 2004

to lunch from lunch

Okay....if you know me you know I don't bullshit or mince words. I give it honest and raw. I should learn how to be more political but the closest I get to that is silence. Two interesting things happened on my way to and from lunch.

To lunch I was passing all of these schools and outside of the playground at one school staring at the children playing was this old lady. I thought she was being nostalgic but as I walked up to her she says, "Look at them running, they could hurt themselves, it shouldn't be permitted." I just laughed literally couldn't help it. As I walked away all I could think was kids are supposed to run and yes they could hurt themselves, they are supposed to, it is part of being a kid. Just blew my mind seriously blew my mind. Reminded me of a time when I was laughing on a bus with one of my girlfriends and her 8 year old sister. This woman chastised her for laughing to much. Now my girl was ready to cuss this lady out for scolding her lil sis but I just told her...she is probably upset cause she never got to be a kid. sad but true.

From Lunch. I was watching the crowds walk by and reflecting on what one of my wisest profs told me. He tries not to wear stuff that has other people's names on it. I think it is a pretty good rule and I tend to follow it. I hate people who drip with labels. JUST as i am thinking this some fool in serious Roca Wear decides to kick game. And I just had to stay silent. But he is one of those persistent guys who walks with me so I say You know just as you wear walking by I was thinking that I don't like people who cover themselves in clothes with other people's names on them. He looked as if I had slapped him in the face and I was ready for him to tell me I was a bitch. Instead he goes, can I tell you something. I just spent 6 1/2 years upstate in prison and i swore when i got out i was gonna start dressing like a gentleman but my kids convinced me to get these clothes but you are so right ma i am 38 years old i should be dressing like it. He asked for my number again and I said no again but I told him just be you. Let your individuality come out and he just nodded his head and I kept on my way. I hope what I said sticks wtih him

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?