<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

For Lisa

Lisa would have been a year younger than me. I think of all the things I got to do over the past 17 years. All the things she didn't get to do. Play barbies with friends, run around on summer nights, my first kiss with Kevin (who is still one of my best friends), slumber parties, the prom, going to college, falling in love. I think of all of those things and how she was robbed. Viciously, brutally robbed at such a young age.

I remember seeing her on TV even though I was only 7. Remember images of her body covered in bruises of her mother covered in bruises and the man who was to act as her father on the stand. Remember thinking about how they were supposed to protect her and instead he killed her and her mother was too numb to stop it.

And now he is released from prison. They say he still hasn't taken blame for her death. Won't acknowledge that he did it but that after serving 2/3 of his sentence they can't hold him anymore.

He will feel the sun on his face. I don't care what he doesn't get to do since he is on parole. He will feel the sun and the wind, he will know the touch of human flesh and yet he still doesn't know remorse.

This man isn't even worth a curse poem.

But Lisa, Lisa you are my friend. And I will always remember you. I will carry your picture with me my entire life.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?