<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 03, 2004

No esta llena in DC

I feel mute.
If you know me, you know I don't speak spanish often. It is not that english is my preferred language, it is that english is my faster language. There are times when I will only speak in spanish though (ex. to the Donas, even though they all speak english i prefer spanish).

Being here I have heard barely any words in spanish and when I do they are from the cleaning staff. The Latinos here are so timid, almost fearful. In New York I would at least strike up conversations. They would talk to me about my family. So, the only times I have gotten to speak spanish here are with the cleaning staff and it is only a few words. The peek into my office, ask me a question and then flee.

No esta llena, those were my only words spoken in spanish today.

No esta llena, como yo, la mujer muda.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?