<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

update (but please read the post below this post)

One of the most beautiful relationships I ever had was with my friend Kevin when we were teenages. We've known each other since seventh grade, in eighth grade he was my boyfriend. He became my friend again after and has been my life long friend. At some point in high school, I am not sure when, we both were in love with other people who didn't want us and we found each other. I wasn't his girlfriend and we didn't have sex but we came damn near close and there was no risk because we both knew what it was. We freely said I love you. This was more than friends with benefits. And when it stopped it stopped. I haven't done anything with him since then. And 7 years later we are still in touch.

Except know he calls me from the middle east. He is not in Iraq, he is in the military and he is a translator. I don't quite know what he does (I don't think he can tell me)but how is this for putting life in context. I end our phone calls (he calls about every other week) with I love you, I miss you please take care of you. And this week for the first time he says.

"I do what I can do. I strap on my rag and hope the pilot knows what the hell he is doing."

I will sit on my worries and complaints now as they really are trivial bullshit.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?