<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Saturday Morning

On most saturday mornings I study and complete my errands. Today's errand was going to the pharmacy to stock up on things that have run out. I am at the back of the pharmacy and I realize I do not have condoms. And I guess a woman of a certain age who lives on her own should have condoms in her house (especially one who is allergic to certain types of condoms). The first realization is that condoms have gotten friggin expensive. I stood there debating which to buy how many to buy why the condoms for "her pleasure" cost two dollars more decided my pleasure wasn't worth two dollars more picked a pack of condoms finished my shopping and went to the register.

Now I had let my supplies of EVERYTHING seriously dwindle but I did not expect the total to be what it turned out to be. I kinda verbalized my shock at which point the older male cashier reaches into the bag that he had been packing pulls out my box of condoms holds them up at about my head level and says rather loudly, "Well are you sure everything in this bag is yours?". I could've smacked him but instead I glared back and said YES.

I was not embarrassed, I was annoyed AND what makes his comment more annoying was that in my bag were two sticks of Old Spice deodarant for my friend Kevin (he is stationed in the mid east and they aren't available over there). Why couldn't Mr. Cashier ask if those were mine? I'll tell you why. Cause he is an asshole.

Comments:
Maybe he was trying to pick you up? Or simply jealous?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?