<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 11, 2004

Yes this is a scarification ritual

I've been hostessing at my friend's restaurant in order to get the money to buy my 25th birthday present for myself. And what would that present be, but finishing off the bottom portion of my tattoo. My mother hasn't been upset at my first two tattoos, she actually likes them. However, I have a feeling she isn't going to like this one because it is going to be big (on my back from my waist down to the top half of my hiney).

This past year, since my 24th birthday has been an utter trip that encompassed the worst day of my life (last Thanksgiving) and the best day of my life. I always knew I was going to add water and fish around the lotus, I thought I was going to put two fish but then I realized I had to put four. Of the things that have defined the person I have become is the fact that I am one of four siblings. And unlike other people I know, I adore each of my siblings (even when we fight). I understand why they are the way they are.

The other person who I miss every single day (and it kills me because she has been gone over six years) is my abuelita. She made me love the water and swimming and that is why I knew I had to have water and fish. One day I am going to have to get something done to honor my own mom and I have no clue what can symbolize how amazing she is to me.

So I told you when the worst day of my life was, here is the best day. At the end of August I went on vacation for the first time with all of my siblings (Rick is 28, Dianna is 14, David is 10). We went to Water Country USA and I just had so much fun running around with them, going on water slides, laying in the lazy river, eatting, being very very stupid. And that is why I am gonna get the fishies.

I have been warned that "nice boys" don't like girls with big tattoos. My mental reply, nice boys dont' like much of anything. I have older female friends (in their 40s) who have lived most of their lives doing what nice boys want and they are now either single or divorced. So screw the nice boys.

It is going to take two four hour sessions to get it done. I have a lot of faith in the artist who is doing the work (links to photos of other stuff he has done will come soon). When I came to him with the initial idea (two fish) he got hella excited and really just ran with it. When I brought him pictures of the type of fish that I wanted and told him I wanted four instead of two he got even more excited. Which is just really cool. The sketch of it is insanely cool, but very very few people will see the final product.

I just really need to immortalize this phase in my life. Sure one day my grandkids may ask me why I have a pod of killer whales on my ass. Then I will tell them, "when I was in my twenties I lived in Loisaida and hung out with the most amazing group of poets and I wanted to ensure that no matter what I would always remember that underneath the suit I am an artist, plus my ass was a lot higher then and looked much better and how dare you ask your abuelita a question like that you better get out of here before I hit you with my chancla."


Comments:
We love you too...MCS
 
And by "we" I mean amazing group of poets....not nice boys...nice boys are presently in mourning, lamenting the loss of Nina to the dark side. I'm not really a nice boy, but I play one from time to time, so I can at least sympathize with their plight. Love ya like a pack of killer whales from the future....MCS
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?