<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 26, 2004

Modern Living

Lately, as I go shopping I have noticed that all of the price tags have dissapeared. This doesn't bother me all of the time, if the price is clearly marked near the product I could care less. The price, however, is not always near the product. So there I stand in stores trying to decide between two items and I can't make a fully informed decision. This is even more annoying because now there are radio tags on the items and if companies wanted to they could track where the item goes after it leaves the store (ie my house). I can only imagine how annoying this is for a mom with a squawking child who wants a toy in the grocery store and the mom may want to buy the toy but can't figure out how much it'll cost and doesn't have much extra cash.

The only reasonable course of action I can think of is this. From now on when I am in a store and I cannot decide between products, because I don't know the price, I am just going to bring both items to the counter. I am going to make the cashier tell me the price on both items and ponder my decision then and there. Maybe if I annoy enough people they will properly inform consumers of the prices.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?