<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 24, 2005

Sigh--Parental Role reversal

My mother left for her surgery about an hour ago. Please pray for her. They are hoping they can do a "simple" operation but if they encounter too much scar tissue from her hysterectomy they will have to do a more complicated operation. I am a wee bit nervous because she was a wee bit nervous.

As she left for the hospital she had to give me the run down on getting the kids ready for school. This is funny because I have done it about a billion times. I know she was telling me because she was nervous though.

She then told me the list of numbers she was giving the doctors and I had to stop and remind her that she couldn't put my father down as her primary contact. They legally completed their divorce a few months ago and so he can't make emergency medical decisions for her. That terrible privilege goes to me and my older brother and seeing as he is in California it goes to me :-/ blech I doubt I will have to make any decisions but I don't like it anyway

Speaking of my brother I really hope that he calls today. He tends to go days without calling and I am afraid he forgot her surgery is scheduled for today.

On a cute note, my father was rather upset when he realized, a few days ago, that the doctors would not be calling him with medical updates (again, the divorce). He asked my mom if she could please have the doctors call him and she then asked him if he could drive her too the hospital. He said of course he would, so at 5:45 a.m. my dad was at my mom's door.

If you're reading this, Call your mom (or your parent whatever gender or relation they are).

Comments:
My thoughts are with you this morning. I know how hard it is to watch somebody you love go in for surgery; you feel out of control and helpless. Just remember to breathe, eat a little something, and that you can call anytime you want to vent, talk, or even just babble to pass the time. - Jesse
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?