<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I have a purpose

Okay, it is not as if I didn't have a purpose before, but last night I realized my purpose. Due to a series of really random events I found out that there are no Planned Parenthood clinics in Puerto Rico. Not a one.

This is really awful. Regardless of how you feel about abortion Planned Parenthood provides needed medical services for women who wouldn't be able to afford them otherwise.

As you should know by now I am very pro birth control awareness and this information is just not disseminated well throughout the island. And pre-natal care is so important and so very expensive.

SO

I am going to raise the money to open a Planned Parenthood Clinic in Puerto Rico. I know this is a big project. And I have to get in contact with people at Planned Parenthood to find out if it is in the works already BUT I am willing to take this project on. It is such a necessary thing.

Wish me luck.

Comments:
pretty ironic there are no clinics considering the history of government sponsored steralization on the island. buttchukno'howiddiz
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?