<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Music?

Today, on the way to school, I was listening to (in order) Cody Chestnutt, which made me want to hear The Roots, which made me want to hear Common which made me want to hear Nas AND THEN I realized why I have been listening to less rap (aside from it's general suckiness of late); There are very few men or women in rap today. Really, regardless of gender, they are a bunch of little boys; they want shiney things and really have no broad view. It pisses me off. So, when going through radio stations, I turn the dial and turn the dial until finally I turn it off (and yes I really did just almost quote myself).

And when I listen to music I fluctuate, for days I will listen to rock/punk/emo and then I will listen to hip hop for days and then I will listen to Latin music and then classical. I realized that I never really mix what I am listening to.

I don't understand people who really just listen to one type of music. It would be like eatting one type of food; it's fundamentalism on an even tougher level.

You know what else pisses me off; when people say Spoken Word is the daughter of Hip Hop. I am gonna have to start smacking folk. They are more like sisters, born of the same traditions. But hip hop did not birth spoken word, you only have to look like at the time lines to see that. Dumb people. They're everywhere. Especially on the radio.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?