<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Type A's

If you looked up Type A in the dictionary you would see a photo of me, my mom and John's mom. We are all so similar it is a little bit sad. Lately, because of finals, moving and bar exam stuff, I am in SUPER type A mode. I have insomnia and can't focus as much and it generally blows. I've forgotton my little tricks but here they are.

Tips on How To Calm Your Ass Down If you Are High Strung

1. The next time you go on vacation, use a new soap, wear a new cologne and take a bubble bath with a new type of bubble bath. When you get home DO NOT continue using these products. Then when you find yourself stressed break out your new soap, bubble bath etc. After just smelling it you will calm down soooooooo much because it will take you to that vacationy mood.

2. Have a relaxation drink (you an also develop this taste on vacation or you can just make sure when you drink this drink you stop EVERYTHING). DO NOT drink this drink while you are working, watching TV, or scocializing. When you are stressed break out your relaxation drink. Mine is Chai.

3. Have a meditation song. I've been listening to "Dust in the Wind" since I started law school. It's perfect for when I am overstressing the truly unimportant.

4. Yoga. I like the spiritual classes at Integral yoga (on 13th between 7th and 8th), a little chanting is involved.

5. If all else fails have a glass of wine, if that isn't working have a glass of wine in a bubble bath.

To give you a hint about where I am at. Today I broke out the vacation soap. I am rescheduled my day around a yoga class. After class I am going to have a chai. On the train I will listen to Dust in the Wind and on my way home I am picking up a bottle of wine.
If that doesn't get me through the night, I don't know what will.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?