<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

What have I got?

Yesterday was my graduation kick off; an event that involved a lot of excellent cheeses, some appetizers and a healthy amount of wine. It has made me reflective of what I have received.

90% of my law school experience has been utterly disatisfying.

This weekend I emailed two professors with academic questions; neither have responded. Do I have to hunt them down in order to figure out how to progress with my papers?

The average debt of an outgoing Columbia law Student exceeds 90K. When thinking of that as an average realize that I know several people who have either taken out NO loans or have taken out well below that. Like every other aspect of my life, in my education debt, I am well above average. ;-)

The Graduation ball tickets are $105/ per person. I am don't really want to go. This makes certain people unhappy. They tell me that this is the last time I will be seeing some of these people. And really. I'm fine with that. I am not boo hooing over being able to get a good chunk of these people away from my aura. The ones that I will miss, I promise, regardless of where we live we will have nights were the fun WELL exceeds that party.

Half of my professors sucked ass. Really. A quarter were okay. And a quarter were just amazing to know AND good teachers (though they didn't necessarily teach me the law).

I feel like I've paid for a name and a chance to live in Manhattan for three years. That part was worth it. The recognition of the name will pay off. Meeting John here was well worth the financial expenditure.

I got my money's worth, but I didn't get what I thought I would.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?