<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Football?

I don't have a driver's license. Most of it is political, part of it is fear and part of it is just lazy. I moved to the Florida Panhandle and now I have to get my license. My present to myself for getting my license was going to be a trip to New Orleans. I was going to drive down I-10 with John. This weekend when I called him from California he told me that we may not be able to go to New Orleans because it may not be there. I thought he was exaggerrating.

There are refugees from New Orleans in Tallahassee. Make no mistake they are refugees (I really hate how the media is calling them almost refugees or refugee like) they have no homes to return to, no jobs, and in some cases just the clothes on their back. And these are the people who could afford to leave early! I hate people who ask why others didn't evacuate. They couldn't! They had no money, no cars, greyhound isn't free and John tells me it stopped running Saturday anyway.

But that is not the best (worst part). There are hotels in Tallahassee that are telling the refugees that they have to leave Saturday because there is an FSU Football game on Monday. WTF! I mean Jesus...the people who do come here for the game at least have homes to return to. It BLOWS MY MIND that people can even THINK to tell refugees to leave for football fans. It blows my friggin mind.

Comments:
P.S. I am donating the money that I would have spent on my New Orleans weekend to help the victims. Also, after reading fishes blog I agree...for some reason I just don't think that Hollywood is gonna come out for New Orleans like it did for Tsunami victims (I am sure . Why do I think that? A bunch of reasons but lets wait and see.
 
If you know of someone who gets put out...they can come stay with me...no kidding here. I am from the area and still haven't located some of my family....I can't believe the hotels are kicking folks out.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?