<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 20, 2005

"If I have a little money saved up, I buy books. If I have a little left over, I buy food"

I have been in New York since last saturday. I spent the whole week working on this massive oppoisition to summary judgment AND being reminded why I moved to Florida. Yes, I love my friends but being away from New York is good for my mental health and well being.

While I am here I am on a quest to find a "good" book on the Nuremberg trials. A book I can assign that won't bore my students to death. It has been too difficult to find one book. Any suggestions? The problem with the book thing is that book publishers will not send a professor a desk copy unless the professor assigns the book. I don't know which book I want to assign so I am paying for this out of pocket. Hopefully my class is continuing and this is a one time expense issue that I am going through. Either way I have picked up three Holocaust related books; a book on those that aided Holocaust victims (to make me feel better), a book on Holocaust perpetraitor (and "how" it happened) and one book on the trials. However the book is more on psychology than law. I need a book that explains the law.

I also got a book on Rwanda, that I have read but have never bought, and another book by Barbara Kingsolver. If you have never read her book The Bean Trees, you should. It is amazingly written and heart wrenching (and in my opinion waaaaaaaay better than the Poisonwood Bible).

I have so much reading I have to do. It is crazy and exciting.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?