<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I know

that the world really isn't completely full of sick fucks but the past week I have cried almost every day. You see I am co-authoring an article on the legal remedies thatare available to students that have been sexually abused/harassed by their teachers. And more importantly, the remedies that SHOULD be availabl to those students. I've read a ton of fact patterns that would make your stomach turn. Cases that involve school district cover ups and sadistic emotional abuse on top of the physical/sexual abuse the child undergoes.

Then when I wrap up a day of work on that topic I switch to preparing for next semester when I will be teaching my class on genocide (and international criminal laws). You can't really teach about the trials unless you study the crimes so I get to read chapters and chapters of the precise way one group goes about slaughtering another group of people. I read about how if you have enough sheep, and scare them enough, you can get them to act like wolves. I try to come up with arguments for how we can help end or at least deter this problem but the process of solving I cry often and I try not to become jaded. If I become jaded I'll stop trying so in the meanwhile I'll just cry.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?