<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 06, 2006

Good news

While I still technically work for myself I have found a mentor here in Tallahassee that I am going to be working for at least two days a week. I am really excited because he works in the areas I want to work in, civil rights and employment discrimination. He also takes court appointed criminal defense cases which is not something I planned on but which should be interesting.

I am making much less per hour than I normally charge however, I am hoping that the compensation is made up for with some quality mentoring. It is also nice to know that I will have some form of minimal income. We are starting out on a trial basis for the next few weeks. Cross your fingers for me.

Other than that my class starts next Wednesday evening at FSU. Apparently books take longer to get in than I expected. I am going to have to make reading packets for the next two weeks or so. Kinda yucky. I feel prepared but I know there is more that I can know. Isn't there always?

In other news. The other day John asked me the last time I wrote a poem and it made me cry. The last time I wrote a good poem was the poem that went on the back of my tio's funeral pamphlet. I have been writing though and I am getting an idea for another children's book. I really need an illustrator for the last one I wrote. Hopefully I will write more this year than I did last year. Isn't that always the goal?

So it's 2006 and I am a part time attorney/part time professor/part time housefiance ...always a writer and always thanking God for my blessings.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?