<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Suggestions please

As some of you know I will be teaching a class on Genocide starting next week. If you could please email me, poems, songs, short stories or even quotes written by genocide survivors, or about genocide, I would greatly appreciate it. These pieces can be about the Holocaust, Bosnia, Rwanda, Darfur, Cambodia, the Dirty Wars (which was politicide but I am doing a small section on that as well)...as long as they are about politicide or genocide.

Also if you have writings written by those who have taken part in genocides I am interested in those as well.

I think I want to start each class with a short reading but I am not sure, nor do I have enough to do that just yet. Your suggestions would be very appreciated.

send the suggestions to ninanuyorican at yahoo dot com. thanks

Comments:
happy nu year! carlos gomez has an incredible genocide piece... dont think its online yet - but emailing him would work, im sre.
 
Blast from my college past: Miklos Radnoti. Hungarian poet killed in 1944. His final poems (most of which, I believe, were love letters to his wife) were found on his person after being exhumed from a mass grave in Yugoslavia.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?