<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Happiness is

Finding out popcorn is a whole grain.

But seriously when I gradauted college one of my older wiser friends told me that, for women, aging doesn't happen gradually it happens in spurts. Boy she wasn't kidding. When I was 21 I became lactose intolerant and my metabolism slowed.

I turned 26 in November, gained 5 pounds in two months, dietted from January till I think about two weeks ago and have come to the conclusion that my metabolism has just gone from speed racer to kid on a bicycle. The diet is over only because I have accepted three things 1. I am not willing to starve myself 2. the changes I have made have to be permanent and are not temporary 3. these five pounds don't look so bad.

I know some folks who know me are gonna hate reading this because I am bitching about becoming a size 6. The newness is that now when I eat cheesecake and a ton of other crap I gain two pounds in a day.

BUT popcorn is a whole grain, and I like to swim so...growing older ain't all bad.

p.s. on a side note be on the look out for wedding invites :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?