<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 17, 2006

RANDOMLY

The Joneses are stupid
I don't get people who are very into "stuff". It perplexes me when someone who can complain that they are having problems making their ends meet can buy and/or lease a ridiculously expensive car when something a lot cheaper and practical will meet their needs. I don't get people who are hooked on a designer cause of the designer. I do understand generally liking what a designer does (I have always loved Steve Madden boots), it's like liking an artist. However, I think most people buy the name to have the name. AND THEN these same people will bitch about how they can't get ahead in the world. I think I'm just gonna hand out
copies of Rich Dad/ Poor Dad for Christmas.

Academic Pay/ Getting a Cleaning Lady
I've always been more into experiences than "things". Right now Iove the experience of teaching. This semester I actually got a thank you note from a student who I taught last semester. :-) The other day I made a big mistake and calculated how much my hourly pay is from my adjunct position. Sad. Now, I am planning my budget for the next few months and I have realized with our new work schedule John and I will need a cleaning lady. I just don't want to waste our bits of free time cleaning our place (which is rather large). Looking for a cleaning lady I have realized that practically all of my teaching pay will be going to the cleaning lady.
I'm still going for it. I don't teach for the pay. My skills are better used teaching than cleaning
my toilets AND I'll be keeping the economy running.
On a cultural note, there is a middle class girl that is cringing inside of me over the idea of having someone a) in my house when I am not here and b) cleaning my skivvies. I've decided to do my own laundry and to put a lock on my office door (though I can just lock things in my file cabinet).

Jewelry
My engagement ring was also John's mother's engagement ring. I plan on giving it to my son (or Lord please let me love the girl he chooses). I bought the earrings I wore on my wedding day and they are gorgeous. If I have a daughter I plan on giving them to her. Currently I have neither son nor daughter but I do have that ring and those earrings. Problem, I'm terribley afraid to wear the earrings because I am scared of losing one and not having them to give to my daughter. Would you wear them if you were in my position?

Comments:
It is nice to save things for your children, but if you don't wear your earrings that you love, will you resent your daughter if she decides that she doesn't even like them? Would it be her fault you deprived yourself enjoyment all those years? If you happen to lose one (not that likely) maybe they just weren't meant for your little girl to have. Maybe she will want her own.
 
that is such a good point! i am not going to pressure her to wear them on her wedding day but i never considered that she may not even like them.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?